Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Too Many Deer

Too many deer!  NC allows hunters to take SIX deer, and four have to be non-antlered.  We are trying to hold down the population, here.

Article on the dangers of too little hunting.  If I don't harvest the deer, and respectfully put the results into my freezer, Bambi's momma is going to be coming through your windshield at 45 mph.

I'll be taking the Mauser K-98 out to the property this weekend.  Because I am such a public-spirited fellow. Gamebill went out last weekend, and saw some deer, but couldn't take a clean shot.  I imagine Joel will be out there with me this weekend.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Thank you and good luck.

driving victim of many a stupid deer,
T

Anonymous said...

anyone who eats animals of any kind, fish fowl or red meat, should on occasion actually kill one personally.